Our church is a family atmosphere for worship, outreach and fellowship.
We are Christ centered and community focused. We pray the Lord will use us to make significant kingdom advancement for the glory of God.
- 1 John 2:15 — Deacons Lead Us to Love God & Others (Deacons Ordination / Installation Service) I have a new favorite catch phrase when parenting.
At night cereal bowls randomly are set out. At one spot is a green bowl, at another spot is a blue, yellow or maybe a red bowl. So in the morning the first person up switches the bowl to get their favorite color. Well, when the other child comes down they are heartbroken that someone is using their bowl.
They come running to me looking for social justice, and I tell them, “I want you to stop caring so much about that sort of thing.” “I don’t really care, and I want you to learn not to care. Grow up.”
This last month my kids bought tablets with their Christmas money. And they will sit for hours staring at them, playing games and such. And when we ask them to put them down we get expressions of extreme anguish that they have to walk away from their tablets.
So as parents we say, “I need you ...
- 1 John 2:12-14 — Seasons of Spiritual Maturity (Nathan Ferrell’s Installation Service) Young Men represents all men and women in the middle of their life when they are working hard for Jesus' sake. We go to work. We go to the PTA meetings. The Boy and Girl Scout meetings. We are taking the children to their appointments. Keeping our children healthy. Leading our communities. Innovating. Creating.
We are in the building stage of life. Working to expand the kingdom. Teaching Sunday Schools. Expanding ministries in the Church. Working to grow the membership. Praying how to evangelize and then disciple the unchurched.
And John wants us to remember that we are not strong in ourselves, but we are learning to be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. We are getting practice putting on the armor of God and by His Spirit leading an assault on gates of Hell itself. Only the Word of God makes us strong in our life. If we think ...
- Did God Pollute the Environment by Creating Oil? There are voices within our culture trying to remove the label "GOOD" from the creation.
Many things that God called good, they call bad.
Oil is a good example. We are not committing a sin by unlocking the energy within the creation. God placed it there for us to find and use.
We are not sinful for cutting down trees to make paper or build homes.
The Biblical model of the family is not a curse on women. The Ten commandments are not an infringement on liberty or free speech.
We must not adopt the world's negative view toward God's amazing gifts.
- God CAN’T Leave Your Salvation to Chance God can't keep Himself from knowing the future and determining it's outcome. It's an unstoppable consequence of His sovereign power and omniscience.
And don’t begrudge God’s electing love. Don’t criticize God’s sovereign mercy which saves.
Without God we won’t come to faith. God makes the difference. We should thank Him, not criticize His choices.
Christians need to stop grumbling about election.
- Jesus told Mary, “I am Not Yet Ascended” — Didn’t He Already Go to Heaven? Jesus makes two ascents. Take a moment to think this through. There are two events when Jesus ascends into Heaven.
First, after His death on the Cross Jesus immediately ascends into the congregation of the saints in heaven. Jesus told the thief hanging next to Him that they were both going to heaven.
This answers the question, "Where was Jesus during the three days His body was in the grave?"
The second ascent is recorded in the Bible in Acts 1:3-11. This is called the Ascension.
The difference is that in the first ascending of Jesus in Heaven He does so as a Man. He joins with the saints for three days without a resurrected body. He then goes back and forth to heaven for 40 days with a resurrected body.
The Ascension is different entirely. In the Ascension God answers Jesus ...
- Should Christians Watch Sunday Football? Asked Differently — Is Tim Tebow Breaking the Sabbath? This sermon has created a lot of conversation. The premise: that believers are not obligated to observe the Sabbath. The Sabbath was the sign of the Mosaic covenant. The Mosaic covenant is no longer binding. We are bound by the new law of love.
My opinion is that the Sabbath Commandment was the only commandment with Mosaic Law overtones. It wasn't deleted by Jesus, but re-explained to not include Mosaic worship expectations.
The New Testament Church must still observe a seven day rest. We should sanctify a day unto the Lord. How? By worshiping publicly with God's people. That's how New Testament saints rest in God's provisions and enjoy His fellowship.
The other issues of play, sports, occasional work, etc are up to the individual believer.
How do you keep the Sabbath?
- Is Inerrancy A Bible Doctrine?
Summary: Inerrancy is not an intellectual or theological construct that we build in our mind after we make a careful analysis of Bible data. That would make us the final authority regarding the authority of the Bible. That's twisted thinking. Jesus considered the Bible to be without error which makes inerrancy a Bible doctrine. We should proclaim inerrancy as a Bible doctrine. Therefore, conservatives do not make the Bible inerrant by advancing the claim. They are declaring it's power and authority. Inerrancy rightly defended should make sense as a matter of reason and logic, but it is really a matter of faith.
- Abortion: Can We Wash Our Hands from Our Responsibility? The Penn State disaster with Joe Paterno reminds us all that the knowledge of a crime burdens us with a moral obligation to report the crime. There is a moral mandate to act or we take some of the guilt to ourselves by our inaction.
Like the blood of Abel that cries from the soil, the blood of our children cries out to heaven for justice. And our hands are dirty, even if we didn’t do the deed.
This is the biggest issue of our time. The big elephant in the room. 50 million babies killed every year world wide. Over 1.3 million babies are killed every year in America.
We call Herod a monster for killing thousands of babies while trying to kill baby Jesus. Yet, we vote into office political leaders who support and sustain a monstrous evil. Over a billion babies killed since the Roe ...
- To Live, Move and Have Being If women have a right to predetermine the value of the life inside them, then what was wrong with slave owners removing liberty and freedom from a slave baby before it was born?
No one has the right to diminish the value of a life.
God is the source of life. We have person-hood by the power of God. To kill a baby is to kill a child of God.
We are not talking about a political issue or a single item in a list of topics discussed by the moral majority. We are talking about genocide. Abortion is genocide. The genocide isn't focused on a race or religion. It's an age based discrimination of the helpless, those without a voice and those without a defender. God is their defender. We need to join with God in the defense of His children.