Our church planters depend
on the prayers and
encouragement of God’s people
on the prayers and
encouragement of God’s people
OUTREACH NORTH AMERICA provides this monthly prayer letter to inform you of some of their specific needs and praises so you will know better how to pray for them. Thank you for your prayers and the interest you show by your phone and e-mail responses.
Your prayers truly encourage your church planters.
Prayers in general–
- Pray for the ARP churches that have over 200 active members to seriously pray about how they can become sponsoring churches for new church plants. Pray that they can seriously consider becoming mother churches, or seek ways to collaborate with over churches to collectively sponsor a new church.
- Pray for the Parenting Church Community of churches in the Rock Hill area that are supporting David Stover, a new church planter in York County, SC. Pray for this group of churches as they work together to multiply the gospel witness in their area of Catawba Presbytery.
Dallas, Texas Rev. David and Margaret Winburne email@example.com
- We continue to praise the Lord for a loving, loyal core group.
- We want to praise the Lord for adding a new regular attender.
- We want to praise the Lord for a refreshing summer with our college-aged children.
- We want to praise the Lord for financial support from those “outside” of King’s Parish. Just when we need it, a gift comes from friends that want to see King’s Parish become self-sufficient. This has been a wonderful encouragement to our local body.
- Pray that new fields may be sown for the gospel.
- Pray that our neighborhood friends would come to faith/and or visit our church.
- Pray for our children (Wilson and Holton) as they go back to/or begin college.
- Pray for new zeal for the Lord and those he desires us to reach.
- Pray that we would add at least 5 new families this year.
Hill City Church
Rock Hill, SC Rev. Andy and Ellie Stager firstname.lastname@example.org
- Praise Jesus for a steady increase in attendance and stewardship throughout the tricky summer months. Pray that Hill City would be ready for a possible influx of Winthrop students in the fall and more traditional, nominal Christians as we add a Sunday morning service in the fall as well.
- Praise God for an ongoing reading-and-discussion group in Mark’s Gospel that Daniel Wells and I are having with two intellectual non-Christians. Pray that this results in their coming to faith and repentance.
- Praise the Spirit for the work of Rev. James McManus and the White Oak (GA) youth missions team, who ran a VBS in the park for us July 1-5. Pray that we’d be able to follow-up with the families they ministered the gospel to.
York County PCC Church Plant
Rev. David Stover Stoverdavid@hotmail.com
- We found another couple in ministry here in Delaware that is going to rent our home until we are able to sell it. God did that yesterday!
- Our high mileage van needs about $4,000 in repairs. Several supporters pitched in and gave us a substantial amount of money to purchase a newer vehicle.
- Thank the Lord for the Parenting Church Committee, the Commission, the ONA Committee and everyone else for their diligent work over the past year and a half as they have searched for a church planter for the York County work.
- Ask our Father to provide a place for us to stay near Rock Hill/Fort Mill until we know where the new church plant will be. We are staying at my grandmother’s home in Heath Springs for a few weeks until we find something closer to our ministry area.
- For us as we transition and leave a place we’ve loved and “left it all on the field” for the sake of the gospel. We have loved people hard and have been loved by God’s people here in PA/DE. We’re astounded at how our Father has used broken vessels like us.
- That we will find schools for our 2 boys that will be a good fit for them as well as being strategic for ministry and planting as new church.
- For the Lord of the harvest to begin to work in the hearts of His people in the 3 supporting churches in Rock Hill. (First ARP Rock Hill, Ebenezer ARP, and Tirzah ARP.) We are praying for 3 to 4 families and individuals to come along with us as we plant the gospel in eastern York County. Also pray that the Lord of the Harvest would begin to work in the people that He intends to bring to Himself in this new church. Our sincere desire is to reach new people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- For my wife and I and our team that the Lord will raise up as we pinpoint the ministry focus group that He wants us to reach.
African ARP Mission,Charlotte, NC
Rev. Zachary and Ruth Kariuki email@example.com
- Pray for the potential to expand the ministry.Contacts have been made and look promising.
- For the safe arrival of Zack and Ruth’s newdaughter.
Afton Run Church ARP
Concord, NC Rev. Tim and Stacey Weldon firstname.lastname@example.org
- That the members of Afton Run Church will be able to assess the needs of the community and for God to open up the doors to the community.
- That God will give us wisdom and discernment on when to move to a temporary worship facility. We are currently meeting in a home that has little exposure. (We are thankful though.)
- For conversions of new visitors who are coming to Afton Run Church.
- For financial support to be raised for Afton Run Church.
- For a place of employment for one of the core group members.
Brookside Presbyterian Church ARP
- The summer brings many visitors to the mountains. Pray for those who will visit with us, and pray for contacts with local families who will become a part of our congregation.
Christ Coastal Church
Southport, NC Rev. Walt and Val Shepard email@example.com
- Give thanks for the slow, but solid, growth at the church.
- Give thanks for several ARP families who have moved to the area and are now a part of the core group.
- Give thanks for the provision of the chapel in which the congregation worships.
- Ask God to draw more people into the core group.
Christ Church ARP
- For an increase in visitors and prospects. Thesummer months takes a toll on attendance in mission congregations.
- As we continue to move forward with ourproperty purchase and building plans.
Asheville, NC Duff and Kristi James firstname.lastname@example.org
- That Duff can make many contacts throughoutthe city from his office which is centrally located in downtownAsheville.
- For the solid core group of 6 families andothers who are identifying with the mission.
Faith Chapel ARP
- We have completed our demographic study.
- That God will send us a pianist.
- One of our provisional elders has asked to bereplaced. Ask God to raise up another elder to take his place.
Grace Church Leith
Leith, Scotland Rev Athole Rennie email@example.com
Andrew and Helen Court, Intern www.gracechurchleith.org
- Give thanks for the first 12 communicants who have been received into membership.
- That others will be drawn into the church.
Grace Hill Church
- For two new families connecting with Grace Hill. Pray for them to start integrating into the life of the church.
- For better financial giving. Pray that it can continue and grow.
- For kids from a Communicants class to be processing and owning their faith with their parents, and me in meeting with their parents to talk about the next best step for them in their faith.
- For rest for Ross and family in advance of a busy upcoming fall.
- For fruit from Last Fridays events in Hillsborough.
Grace of the Lord Korean
Cary, NC (exploratory work) Rev. Joshua Kim
- That many in the Korean community in Cary will be drawn into the ministry of the Grace of the Lord Church.
- Pray for Pastor Kim as he is examined for membership in First Presbytery.
Hope Chapel ARP Church
Greensboro, NC Rev. Todd Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For over 216 runners in our 5k Lindley Loop Run for Literacy.
- For all of the people who visited the church because of the race.
- Pray for Michael and Hannah Van Patter–Michael is Director of Worship and they are expecting their second baby any day now.
- Pray for our outreach to college students at UNCG in August.
- Pray for our increased outreach as we enter the fall and try to engage new folks who have moved to GSO.
Hyo Shin Korean
Greensboro, NC (exploratory work) Rev. Byong Han Son
- Greensboro has several large Korean churches and many unchurched Koreans.
- Pray the God will draw many into this new congregation.
TN – exploratory work
Bethesda Presbyterian Church, ARP
- For a new family that has identified with the congregation.
- That others will become part of the core group.
- The mission is now worshipping on Sunday mornings. Ask God to use this change in time to draw others into the church.
Northside Presbyterian Church
- We are looking to the fall and our outreach into the community. Pray that we will have success in reaching more people for Christ and bringing them into the church.
Peace Korean ARP Church
Charlotte, NC (exploratory work) Rev. Eung Chu Lee
- That the congregation continues to grow.
- Thank God for the good relationship between the Peace congregation and the congregation of the Sharon Presbyterian Church.
- Ask God to provide for their needs.
Pinecrest Hispanic Mission
Thank God for the wonderful service of sending Pastor Juan Carlos Unda to the military chaplaincy and showing appreciation for his years of service at the church.
- For those who are stepping up in the congregation to continue the ministry. May others join with them in ministry to the Hispanic community.
Rodam Korean ARP Church
Pineville, NC Rev. Eun Joo and Kim Young Yup Kim email@example.com
- Pastor Kim says his congregation is faithful in attending worship and in giving. Pray that they will increase their numbers.
Tapestry ARP Church
Charlotte, NC Rev. Jarvis Ross firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ken Priddy conducted a workshop here recently on Building the Church. As a result, our attendance has doubled. Pray that others will be gathered into our congregation. Giving has also increased.
- Pray for Pastor Ross as he begins teaching at New Life Seminary this fall as well as continuing his ministry at Tapestry.
Triangle Onnuri Korean ARP Church
Raleigh, NC Rev. Abraham and Sungmi Ji Biblestoryteller@gmail.com
- The congregation continues to grow. Praise God for the growth.
- There are many Koreans in the Durham area. Ask God to help the congregation reach them.
- The new family that has been attending is now asking for membership. Praise God!
- Pray for others to find the church and be drawn into our fellowship.
- Ask God to help us make more contacts out in the community.
- For a more intentional discipleship ministry that we plan to start this fall to disciple and equip God’s people.
- Pray that our members will be bold for Christ in sharing their faith and living for Christ.
- Pray for wisdom for our leaders.
- God for the Backyard Bible Clubs we held in July and the help we received from Bartow ARP Church.
- Praise God for the many visitors we have had at our church on Sunday mornings this summer.
North Port, FL Church Planting Residency Rev. Tom and Carolyn Schneider email@example.com
- For three individuals I’ve had the privilege of sharing the gospel with this past month. One of them prayed to receive Christ. Pray that our entire core group would continue to reach the lost and unchurched.
- That God would provide a home in the East Venice area for another Bible Study.
- That God raises up committed “laborers” at Compass Church. Our goal is to have 30 adults committed by the end of August.
- For Gene Kapica who has congestive heart failure, and for Deb Peers and her family. Deb lost her twenty year old niece due to a hit and run.
- That more people would be involved in Discipleship on Saturday mornings. We would like to have eight men involved by the end of August and four women.
Fort Myers, FL Rev. Steve and Rachel Reynolds firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are seeing some traction with the gospel among some of our sojourning (non-Christian) friends.
- Our number of contacts among sojourners is increasing (we are now meeting friends of our sojourning friends).
- Steve’s Bible study with Christian men is growing in size. We see this as a pool for potential leaders and core members.
- The summer is a slow time for people to make commitments and plans. We feel the process has slowed down as a result.
- We really want to see some of our new friends come to know Christ. Continue to pray for the Spirit to open their hearts to receive the gospel, as well as for seamless opportunities to share about Christ.
- We need wisdom as we make steps toward group gathering. We are not ready to launch yet, but know we need to start gathering. Ask God to show us His direction. We need wisdom here!
- For a new space to meet.
- For financial support.
- For tent making job(s).
- For blessings on our congregation.
- For some new faces.
Good News Community Church
- One of our teenage boys is a lifeguard. Someone suffered a seizure while swimming and he was able to save them.
- We had an older women come in last Sunday as a result of our signs. Before the service one of our teenage girls chatted with her until the prelude began. After the service her younger sister came up to Clyde and apologized that she didn’t get a chance to greet the lady because she left so quickly. I guess we were not what she was looking for, but we were sure proud of our kids.
- Some of our folks provided meals for two or our cancer patients. It isn’t planned; they just do it on their own.
- Sodik, our refugee from Ukraine still needs a full time job with benefits. They have a 3 year old boy.
- Continue to pray for an amicable solution with the Home Owners Association situation. We have 3 official documents which indicate that our property is not a part of the HOA. They are aware of these, but don’t respond. We are considering hiring a lawyer, but hate to go to the expense. The Title company, of course, doesn’t want to admit they didn’t research it and just took the HOA’s word that we were a part and owed months of back dues prior to our purchase, and that was paid when the deal was closed with the bank who was holding it in bankruptcy.
- For the couple with 2 pre-schoolers mentioned last month who decided we were too small. They want a full age range level Sunday school with nursery. I appreciate being updated on requests folks give.
Clemson Korean Presbyterian Church
Rev. Jae Park email@example.com
- For our building project:
- That God sends “Samarian” architecture and contractor.
- For our members to have confidence about the future of this mission and building project.
- For the kitchen issues.
- For lay leaders who will lead the small Bible study groups.
- For Lay Leadership Training starting in the fall or January. This requires whole year of training.
- For the safety of those who visit their homes and South Korea during summer season.
- For the mission developer: spiritual and financial needs.
- For the provisional session.
Travelers ARP Mission
- For His continued faithfulness.
- For Ben and Clair Horner as Ben serves a year internship with us.
- For more contacts, visitors, and opportunities to share the gospel.
- For the churches in the Greenville area, that we will work together to build a greater witness for the spread of the gospel in the area.
- For Pastor Barron as he coordinates his work with Travelers and World Witness.
- For Ben Horner as he assists in the development of the mission.
- Pray for opportunities to establish core groups and plant churches in our presbytery. We have been praying and asking the Lord where He would have us do a demographic study for the purpose of starting a new work, because we know that he knows where the hearts are ready to receive the Gospel.